Sunday, November 2, 2008

The mindless ramblings of a rainy day

There are some days when all you can do is think. Yet that thinking never seems to do any good or get you anywhere. Why is that? Why can't I just turn my mind off and walk around in the blissful emptiness of my life. This seems to happen more on rainy days. I start feeling poetic, and then I remember that I can't write poetry to save my life. I know most teachers will tell you that poetry is what you make it and there is no right or wrong way to do it, but believe me, my way is wrong and just plain ridiculous.

Where is a person supposed to turn when life seems to be getting the better of them? Their best friend right? Well what if one of the ways that the world is kicking your butt is by taking away that one precious person? What then? Do you just say, "OK you win. I give up"? But in life what does giving up mean? There is no way to stop (other then death, but that isn't an option). No matter how many times you roll over and go back to sleep, you will always wake up again. That is the cruelest trick of all. Life will keep on going no matter how many times you say "OK you win".

I know that my blog title is jumping in the puddles of life, but what do you do when the puddle you jumped in swallows you and you start to drown? What if all of the trying to make lemonade out of lemons fails and it turns out that the lemons were not only lemons, but they were rotten? And then you get sick off of your sad attempt to make things worth while. Getting sick off your own lemonade, how sad is that?

I had decided that all I could do was keep smiling and try to forget that there was a problem. Throwing the wool over my own eyes so that I couldn't see the rain. The only problem is that the rain starts seeping through the wool and I have to pile on more and more and more until I don't know where I'm going. The sad thing is that one day the clouds will part and the sun will come out, but I won’t know because of all that wool.


Most of you probably aren't getting my crazy metaphors, but that is just another sad trick of life. Leaving me with a giant hole in my heart and tummy (yes tummy).

OK, now I think I'm done being crazy and drowning in my own desperation and self pity. Lucky for me few will read this. I will just have to face the facts and keep going every day. What other choice do I have?

I would like to leave you with the lyrics to a beautiful song I'm listening to.

Joshua Radin One of Those Days Lyrics

Wait right here
Was all she said to me
And so right here I stay
Time has reached our home
And I've been left alone
It's carried him away

And everyone keeps saying
Nothing helps but time
Time is all I own
The timings stop replaying over in my mind
I watch the hours slow down

So I crawl underneath my blanket
Where I can hide away
I know I can't take it
‘Cause I see now
It's just one of those days

Now a year has passed
Alone I stay inside
And I await the rain
To wash away your face
So I don’t have to hide
The sight of you is painful

So I crawl underneath my blanket
Where I can hide away
I know I can’t take it anymore
‘Cause I see now
It's just one of those days

I can't stop
Seeing your face
I can't stop
Seeing your face
Everyplace

So I crawl underneath my blanket
Where I can hide away
I know I can't take it anymore
‘Cause I see now
It's just one of those days (yeah)

1 comment:

lizzy said...

This, my dear, IS poetry.