Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What good is a poet's soul if you don't have the vocabulary?

I Find that...

I find that I don’t sleep as well as I once did
There is hurt and sadness all around me
There is crying and fighting
Who can sleep with the yelling and restlessness pushing through your walls?

I find that I don’t eat as well as I once did
There is stress and pain inside me
There is gnawing and fatigue
Who can eat when the anxiety and discontent is pushing against your stomach?

I find that I don’t day dream as much as I once did
There is darkness and unrest in my head
There is despair and damage
Who can dream of happiness when there is so much ugliness pushing in your mind?

I find that I don’t cry as much as I once did
There is hope and honesty in your voice
There is friendship and opportunity
Who can cry when there is still a chance that the battle isn’t lost?

1 comment:

lizzy said...

I love it. It's amazing because it's true. I believe that everything in your life really can manifest itself in a physical way in your body. It makes sense. And expressed as beautifully as you have done, well - that's just a win win win situation all around, now isn't it?